Choosing A Wooden Worktop
1. You should always look for a style that will fit you. Find a worktop that will fit in your kitchen and your own taste. You should know that oak is considered classic when it comes to wooden worktops. Oak is used in the common farm house kind of kitchen since it can provide a warm feel to the place and it has a notable pattern. Because American black walnut is bold but still beautiful, there are also many people that would choose it. The American black walnut has a rich chocolate tone that is why it can give the right contrast to light things. If you have a kitchen where you are having problem with light, then you should consider maple. Maple has a lovely grain structure at the same time being creamy and pale. Because the maple has a very smooth finish, every bit of light will be bouncing back from the surface of the wood.
2. Quality should always be invested. There are a lot of worktops that will fit on every budget ranging from the ones with a wide block to the ones that has full planked super stave but you should always remember the old saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.” Those worktops that are very cheap may have a low quality. A wooden worktop of good quality will probably last for a very long time if it is taken cared properly, and it might even add more value to your property if you would decide to sell it.
3. The preparation is important. A wooden worktop needs to have a sealing before a person can use it. These wooden worktops should require a treatment and the suggested treatment is the worktop oil like the finishing oil or danish oil. The wooden worktops will have a barrier that is water resistant because of the treatment process done. You should have the time to properly do the treatment process in your wooden worktops since it is considered as a valuable procedure in order for the worktops to last for a long time. If you do a poor treatment procedure on the worktops, it will have a shorter life span.
4. A perfectly fitted wooden worktop. You should always remember that before you fit a wooden worktop, its side should have the right amount of oil and the plastering that might have been done should be completely dry. Every time you fix the wooden worktops in the units of your kitchen, always make sure that you have the right amount of fixing points, with at least one fixing point on every corner. If you want your wooden worktops to have small contractions and expansions, then you should consider using expansion brackets that are slotted.
5. Always have a good maintenance on your wooden worktops. It is suggested that you should re-oil a wooden worktops at least twice in one year.